Dell PowerEdge R840 Rack Server; 2x Intel® Xeon® Gold 5218 2.3G, 16C/32T, 32GB Memory, 2*1TB – 3Yrs
Scale application performance for demanding data analytics workloads
The Dell Server PowerEdge R840 offers versatile resources that allow you to meet changing business demands. Maximize performance and minimize latency with direct-attached NVMe drives.
- Boost performance with up to four Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and up to 112 processing cores
- Address large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (12 of which can be NVDIMMs) and up to 6TB of memory
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs/SSDs (up to 24 NVME drives)
- Accelerate applications with two doublewide GPUs or two FPGAs
- Speed data transfers with fully integrated ultra path interconnects (UPIs)
Automate everyday tasks
Reduce the time and effort required to manage IT environments with intelligent automation.
- Improve efficiency with agent-free iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller for automated, simplified management
- Deploy OpenManage Enterprise as a virtual appliance in your choice of ESXI, Hyper-V or KVM environments
- Use OpenManage Integrations or Connections to manage PowerEdge servers with existing console investments
- Resolve issues up to 90% faster4with proactive and predictive issue notification from ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist
Safeguard IT operations
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection to protect, detect and recover from cyber-attacks. Maximize uptime with a cyber-resilient architecture and robust security features.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot
- Detect and prevent unauthorized or malicious changes with Server Lockdown
- Ensure a trusted backup is used from a secure, hidden boot device with Rapid OS/BIOS recovery
- Wipe all data from storage media quickly and securely with System Erase
- Help deliver high availability with hot-pluggable drives and power supplies
The R840 delivers consistent, high performance results for data-intensive applications and data analytic workloads. With powerful Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and up to 112 cores, the R840 can quickly turn analytics into insights to drive your business forward faster. Create an optimal configuration of NVMe, SSD, HDD and GPU resources to address your most demanding workloads – all in a 2U chassis.
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs and SSDs, 62% more than the previous generation.
- Accelerate applications with up to 2 double-wide GPUs or up to 2 FPGAs.
- Speed data transfers with a fully integrated ultra path interconnect across all four sockets.
- Eliminate bottlenecks with up to 48 DIMMs, including up to 12 NVDIMMs.
|Module Name||Option Name||Qty|
|Base||PowerEdge R840 Server||1|
|Chassis Configuration||8 x 2.5″ Chassis, 8 SAS/SATA bays, No GPU, 2/4 CPU Configuration||1|
|Trusted Platform Module||No Trusted Platform Module||1|
|Processor||2x Intel® Xeon® Gold 5218 2.3G, 16C/32T, 10.4GT/s, 22M Cache, Turbo, HT (125W) DDR4-2666||1|
|Additional Processor||No 3rd/4th Processors||1|
|Processor Thermal Configuration||2 CPU (No GPU)||1|
|Memory Configuration Type||Performance Optimized||1|
|Memory DIMM Type and Speed||2666MT/s RDIMMs||1|
|Memory Capacity||8GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Single Rank||4|
|Operating System||No Operating System||1|
|OS Media Kits||No Media Required||1|
|RAID Configuration||C1, No RAID for HDDs/SSDs (Mixed Drive Types Allowed)||1|
|RAID/Internal Storage Controllers||PERC H330 RAID Controller, Adapter, Full Height||1|
|Hard Drives||1TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive||2|
|Power Management BIOS Settings||Power Saving BIOS Setting||1|
|Power Supply||Dual, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W||1|
|Power Cords||Rack Power Cord 2M (C13/C14 10A)||2|
|PCIe Riser||Riser Config3, 6 PCIe slots (4 x8 Full height slots + 2 x16 Low profile slots)||1|
|Motherboard||PowerEdge R840/R940xa MLK Motherboard||1|
|Configuration Services Asset Report||Configuration Services, Standard ISG System Report, Deliver Via Email||1|
|Embedded Systems Management||iDRAC9, Express||1|
|Network Daughter Card||Broadcom 5720 Quad Port 1GbE BASE-T, rNDC||1|
|Bezel||PowerEdge 2U Standard Bezel||1|
|Quick Sync||No Quick Sync||1|
|Rack Rails||2U Combo Drop-In/Stab-In Rail||1|
|Group Manager||iDRAC Group Manager, Disabled||1|
|Internal Optical Drive||No Internal Optical Drive for 8X Chassis||1|
|Additional Shipping Box Labels||Order Configuration Shipbox Label (Ship Date, Model, Processor Speed, HDD Size, RAM)||1|
|Consolidation Fees (EM-EMEA Only)||Consolidation Fee||1|
|System Documentation||No Systems Documentation, No OpenManage DVD Kit||1|
|Shipping Material||PowerEdge R840 Shipping Material||1|
|SHIPPING||PowerEdge R840 Shipping, EMEA2||1|
|System Asset Identification||Asset Tag – ProSupport (Website, barcode, Onboard MacAddress)||1|
|Base warranty||Parts Only Warranty 12Months, 12 Month(s)||1|
|Support Services||Basic Next Business Day, 36 Month(s)||1|
|Dell Services: Deployment Services||No Installation Service Selected (Contact Sales rep for more details)||1|