Dell PowerEdge R640 Server Intel Xeon Silver 4214 16GB DDR4 300GB HD iDRAC9 – 3Yr
Uncompromising performance and density for data center productivity and scale
The poweredge R640 is the ideal dual-socket platform for dense scale-out data center computing and storage. Benefit from the flexibilty of 2.5” or 3.5” drives, the performance of NVMe and embedded intelligence to ensure optimized application performance in a secure platform. With embedded diagnostics and SupportAssist, the R640 delivers maximum uptime in a worry-free environment.
- Dense software-defined storage
- Service providers: application tier
- Dense private cloud
Drive transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
Data center evolution starts with modern platforms that easily scale and are optimized for application performance. The PowerEdge R640 is built upon a scalable system architecture and provides the choice and flexibility to easily meet performance demands.
- Simplify deployment and easily scale from 3 to 1000+ nodes for software-defined storage with Dell EMC Ready Node for ScaleIO.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 8 NVMe drives.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors*.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services* for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Short Tech Specification
|PowerEdge R640, Intel Xeon Silver 4214 2.2G, 12C/24T, 9.6GT/s, 16.5M Cache, Turbo, HT (85W) DDR4-2400, 16GB RDIMM, 2933MT/s, Dual Rank,300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive, PERC H730P RAID Controller, 2Gb NV Cache, Minicard, Dual, Hot-plug Power Supply (1+1), 750W, ReadyRails Sliding Rails Without Cable Management Arm, iDRAC9,Enterprise|
Detailed Tech Specification
|PowerEdge R640 Server|
|PowerEdge R640 MLK Motherboard|
|Intel Xeon Silver 4214 2.2G, 12C/24T, 9.6GT/s, 16.5M Cache, Turbo, HT (85W) DDR4-2400|
|iDRAC,Factory Generated Password|
|iDRAC Group Manager, Disabled|
|2.5 Chassis with up to 8 Hard Drives and 3PCIe slots|
|Riser Config 4, 2×16 LP|
|PowerEdge R640 Shipping Material for 8 HDD chassis|
|PowerEdge R640 Shipping EMEA2|
|Dell EMC Luggage Tag|
|No Quick Sync|
|Blank for 1CPU Configuration|
|16GB RDIMM, 2933MT/s, Dual Rank|
|No Additional Processor|
|300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive|
|PERC H730P RAID Controller, 2GB NV Cache, Mini card|
|5 Standard Fans for R640|
|Standard 1U Heatsink|
|No Internal Optical Drive for x4 and x8 HDD Chassis|
|UK Power Cord 20 ZR|
|Dual, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W|
|No Trusted Platform Module|
|Order Configuration Shipbox Label (Ship Date, Model, Processor Speed, HDD Size, RAM)|
|Asset Tag – ProSupport (Website, barcode, Onboard MacAddress)|
|Broadcom 5720 Quad Port 1GbE BASE-T, rNDC|
|No Media Required|
|No Operating System|
|No Systems Documentation, No OpenManage DVD Kit|
|Partner Operations Support|
|No Installation Service Selected (Contact Sales Rep for more details)|
|Configuration Services, Standard ISG System Report, Deliver Via Email|
|750-AABF Power Saving Dell Active Power Controller|
|770-BBBC ReadyRails Sliding Rails Without Cable Management Arm|
|780-BCDS Unconfigured RAID|
|865-BBLJ Basic Next Business Day Extension, 24 Month(s)|
|865-BBLK Basic Next Business Day Initial, 12 Month(s)|